Senior Catering Banquet Manager
Mobile, AL 36602
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLILTIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining the service standards and procedures.
- Works with all applicable department heads to exceed expectations in coordinating an event including production time, staffing, quality of food, quality of presentation and set-ups.
- Approaches all encounters with patrons and colleagues in a friendly, service-oriented manner
- Maintains constant communication with the client and on-site contact to ensure all expectations are met.
- Remains alert of complaints and/or unsatisfied patrons and responds appropriately to ensure guest satisfaction
- Maintains effective communication with kitchen staff to ensure timely food service.
- Ensures all functions are set and staff is prepared and organized before required time
- Inspects table place settings, including table linen, china, glass, silverware and condiments for correct placement and ensures that each element is clean, undamaged and attractive.
- Meticulously plans events with captains to ensure execution is achieved at the highest level
- Responsible for handling all changes and inspects setup and staff for final approval.
- Responsible for conducting pre-shift meetings with staff to discuss meal, service, and table assignments.
- Interviews staff and makes hiring recommendations.
- Responsible for the training and scheduling of service staff on an ongoing basis.
- Ensures payroll is reviewed and finalized by proper deadlines.
- Supervise Cash Sales to include inventory, receiving and deposit of monies.
- Maintains banquet equipment and inventory including china, glassware, silverware, linen, etc.
- Assists in controlling food and beverage costs and monitors waste.
- Follow-up with planners/clients to review comments or concerns
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Bachelor s degree in Management, Business, or related field, plus 3-5 years of catering and banquet experience in a Convention Center, Arena or related venue, or equivalent combinations of education and experience. Concessions experience is a plus. Minimum of 3 years in customer service and banquet/catering management.