Insurance Billing Coordinator
Mobile, AL 36608
- Manually enters payments into practice management system accurately & timely.
- Accurately processes electronic remittances for posting payments to patient accounts.
- Works Aged Receivables to identify credit balances & request necessary refunds.
- Works Aged Receivables Reports to ensure timely and accurate filing of claims and to decrease the overall accounts receivable balances due.
- Corrects suspended claims and rejected claims on audit trails.
- Reviews denied claims on rejection report by payers to file corrected claims, reconsiderations, and appeals when warranted to exhaust all attempts for payment of services rendered.
- Files secondary paper claims and enters Alabama Medicaid secondary payer claims into the Medicaid secure provider portal when necessary.
- Corrects CPT and/or ICD-10 in billing system for accurate billing, when applicable.
- Answers telephone calls and assists callers with requests.
- Makes payment arrangements with patients for timely pay off of balances due, and process credit card payments received in the business office by telephone or mail, when needed.
- Creates detailed notes on patient accounts of all actions performed to collect from payers and patients.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Graduation from an accredited medical billing program preferred.
- Continuing Education required.
- A minimum of three years' experience in a physician billing office.
- Must be proficient with ANSI Codes - Claim Adjustment Reason Codes and Remittance Advice Remark Codes
- Cash handling and Deposit preparation
- Experience in Accounts Receivable
- 10-key with Data Entry Experience
- Experience with CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10 with knowledge of appending modifiers
- Knowledgeable with Medical Terminology, CCI edits, MUEs, LCDs, NCDs.
- Experienced with filing appeals and claims reconsideration to multiple insurance payers.