Bay Minette, AL | Temporary
machinery, and related equipment.
1. Performs major and specialized mechanical overhaul and repair work on gasoline and
marine engines, outboard motors, and related marine equipment and systems using
schematic charts and technical manuals.
2. Establishes and maintains a preventive maintenance program for marine engines and related
marine research equipment.
3. Tests marine engines and equipment to determine need for repairs or adjustments.
4. Repairs and maintains hydraulic equipment and valves.
5. Operates hand and power tools associated with marine engine and equipment repair.
6. Supervises student and temporary employees a minor portion of the employee's work time.
7. Assists in fabrication of equipment.
8. Purchases parts and supplies.
9. Writes specifications for and recommends purchase of marine equipment.